Michael Harbert is a Managing Member and CEO of EDP. As the CEO of The New Mexico Film Studios, LLC, he supervised the design and development sound stages and post-production facilities in Albuquerque. As a writer/producer of primetime episodic dramas and feature films, Mr. Harbert was under contract at Warner Bros. Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and NBC Studios. He was an executive producer at both CBS News and ABC News, and was Executive-In-Charge of North America at Worldwide Television News. Mr. Harbert was also the Deputy Executive Director of the Tri-State Federal Regional Planning Commission, at which he guided the review and approval of economic development projects totaling over $10 billion USD. He is a member of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences, the Writer’s Guild of America, and is a past member of the American Institute of Certified Planners. He holds a B.A. in Public Policy Analysis from New York University.
- The architectural design, budgeting, and development of the operational management protocol for an out-of-home entertainment venue sponsored by a global big-box retailer.
- Renovation of a 200,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility into a multi-sound stage production complex (I-25 Studios).
- Advised on the development and implementation of aggressive government-sponsored production financing and incentives.
- Writer/Producer of primetime episodic dramas including: “Law & Order” (Universal Media Studios for NBC); “Michael Hayes” (Sony Pictures Television for CBS); “Prince Street” (Co-creator; Warner Bros. Television for NBC); “The Monroes” (Warner Bros. Television for ABC).
- Writer/Producer of “Easy Rider: The Search Continues” (sequal to the iconic 1969 film “Easy Rider“) for Easy Rider New Millenium Productions, LLC.
- International Managing Director of the Twentieth Century Project, the 200 hour film and television production joint-venture between ABC News, NHK (Japan Broadcasting), and Gosteleradio (Soviet Union Broadcasting).
- Senior Media Strategy Councilor to candidates for President of the United States, U.S. Senator, Governor and other state-wide offices, and President or Prime Minister of foreign nations.
- Deputy Executive Director of the Tri-State Federal Regional Planning Commission (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut).
- Assistant Executive Deputy Commissioner, New York State Department of Transportation.
- Airborne Combat Weapons Controller, 552nd AWACS Wing, U.S. Air Force.