Ciudad de la Luz Studios, Spain
CHALLENGE: Build a world class studio on a government-owned hillside property in a village overlooking the Mediterranean
- Build all new first-class stages and comprehensive production support facilities.
- Attract major American and European feature films to the Spanish coast.
- Six new sound stages: two adjoining 25,000 square foot stages, four 18,000 square foot stages.
- 100,000 square feet of office and production support space.
- 150,000 square feet of mill/workshop space.
- Post-production capabilities, including 25 seat screening room.
- Film development lab.
- 20,000 square foot commissary and special event space.
- 30 usable acres of outdoor filming space in two backlots; one with 2 acre water tank.
- Audiovisual Communications study center.